BC3300 for Lithium

  • russell_fauver
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15, 2013
      So I've been reading through the list here on reprogramming the BC3300/NLG421 to charge lithium batteries and it sounds scary to me. I have trouble with computer stuff, I think I'm allergic or something. Is there anyone out there that can set my charger up for a Lithium pack of 56 100ah cells? and I guess I should ask if it is even a recommended thing to do? Is it reliable enough to just plug it in at night and let it run without fear of ruining a perfectly good set of batteries?

      Thanks
      Russell
    • geo_homsy2
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 18, 2013
        Hi Russell-

        very good question. There are MANY of us on here with the same setup, and regrettably, there is no agreed-upon consensus that I can see as to what is a reasonable charge profile.

        I propose that all of us with 56x LiFePO4 upload our NLG4 charge profiles into a directory, and we can sort it out from there.

        As far as having someone help you -- where are you located?

        //Geo
        Marin county

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "russell_fauver" wrote:

        > So I've been reading through the list here on reprogramming the BC3300/NLG421 to charge lithium batteries and it sounds scary to me. I have trouble with computer stuff, I think I'm allergic or something. Is there anyone out there that can set my charger up for a Lithium pack of 56 100ah cells? and I guess I should ask if it is even a recommended thing to do? Is it reliable enough to just plug it in at night and let it run without fear of ruining a perfectly good set of batteries?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Russell

      • Russell Fauver
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 19, 2013
          Geo,
          I'm in South Carolina. Thanks for loading your charge profile to the folder, that'll be a big help. Now I just need to figure how to load and run the software so I can see it. I'm kinda pitiful that way. Nuts and bolts, no problem. Running wires and making good connections, no problem. Learning new stuff on the computer, well... Not so much. Even navigating around this chat room is a bit challenging for me.

          I think the closest Solectria owner lives in Georgia somewhere. Judging by the trouble I had getting the car registered I believe I have the only one in the state. I can always box up this charger and ship it somewhere to have it reprogrammed but I would like to be able to make adjustments on it myself as time goes on.

          Russell

        • d. Bouton Baldridge
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 19, 2013
            Hi Russel,
             I am in Wilmington,NC just so you'd know.
            Bouty