Force / E-10 cabin heater

  • William S
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 15, 2013
      Mine does not work. I can not find a schematic, to troubleshoot. Can anyone describe what buttons to push to make it work? What beyond the fan and heat button are needed? Thanks in advance.
    • Jonathan Rawls
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
        Cancel

        William S <william.swann2@...> wrote:

> [...]
        >

        ><!-- #ygrp-mkp { border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; font-family: Arial; margin: 10px 0; padding: 0 10px; } #ygrp-mkp hr { border: 1px solid #d8d8d8; } #ygrp-mkp #hd { color: #628c2a; font-size: 85%; font-weight: 700; line-height: 122%; margin: 10px 0; } #ygrp-mkp #ads { margin-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-mkp .ad { padding: 0 0; } #ygrp-mkp .ad p { margin: 0; } #ygrp-mkp .ad a { color: #0000ff; text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc { font-family: Arial; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd { margin: 10px 0px; font-weight: 700; font-size: 78%; line-height: 122%; } #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad { margin-bottom: 10px; padding: 0 0; } #actions { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; padding: 10px 0; } #activity { background-color: #e0ecee; float: left; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; padding: 10px; } #activity span { font-weight: 700; } #activity span:first-child { text-transform: uppercase; } #activity span a { color: #5085b6; text-decoration: none; } #activity span span { color: #ff7900; } #activity span .underline { text-decoration: underline; } .attach { clear: both; display: table; font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; padding: 10px 0; width: 400px; } .attach div a { text-decoration: none; } .attach img { border: none; padding-right: 5px; } .attach label { display: block; margin-bottom: 5px; } .attach label a { text-decoration: none; } blockquote { margin: 0 0 0 4px; } .bold { font-family: Arial; font-size: 13px; font-weight: 700; } .bold a { text-decoration: none; } dd.last p a { font-family: Verdana; font-weight: 700; } dd.last p span { margin-right: 10px; font-family: Verdana; font-weight: 700; } dd.last p span.yshortcuts { margin-right: 0; } div.attach-table div div a { text-decoration: none; } div.attach-table { width: 400px; } div.file-title a, div.file-title a:active, div.file-title a:hover, div.file-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div.photo-title a, div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div.photo-title a:visited { text-decoration: none; } div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; } .green { color: #628c2a; } .MsoNormal { margin: 0 0 0 0; } o { font-size: 0; } #photos div { float: left; width: 72px; } #photos div div { border: 1px solid #666666; height: 62px; overflow: hidden; width: 62px; } #photos div label { color: #666666; font-size: 10px; overflow: hidden; text-align: center; white-space: nowrap; width: 64px; } #reco-category { font-size: 77%; } #reco-desc { font-size: 77%; } .replbq { margin: 4px; } #ygrp-actbar div a:first-child { /* border-right: 0px solid #000;*/ margin-right: 2px; padding-right: 5px; } #ygrp-mlmsg { font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, helvetica,clean, sans-serif; *font-size: small; *font: x-small; } #ygrp-mlmsg table { font-size: inherit; font: 100%; } #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea { font: 99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif; } #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code { font:115% monospace; *font-size:100%; } #ygrp-mlmsg * { line-height: 1.22em; } #ygrp-mlmsg #logo { padding-bottom: 10px; } #ygrp-msg p a { font-family: Verdana; } #ygrp-msg p#attach-count span { color: #1E66AE; font-weight: 700; } #ygrp-reco #reco-head { color: #ff7900; font-weight: 700; } #ygrp-reco { margin-bottom: 20px; padding: 0px; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a { font-size: 130%; text-decoration: none; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov li { font-size: 77%; list-style-type: square; padding: 6px 0; } #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul { margin: 0; padding: 0 0 0 8px; } #ygrp-text { font-family: Georgia; } #ygrp-text p { margin: 0 0 1em 0; } #ygrp-text tt { font-size: 120%; } #ygrp-vital ul li:last-child { border-right: none !important; } -->

      • Chandler Chip
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
          Electric or Eberspracher diesel/kerosene?

          Chip Chandler
          cchandler66@...

          On Jan 15, 2013, at 9:03 PM, William S <william.swann2@...> wrote:

          > Mine does not work. I can not find a schematic, to troubleshoot. Can anyone describe what buttons to push to make it work? What beyond the fan and heat button are needed? Thanks in advance.

        • William Swann
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
            I assume I have electric, as there is a push button on the console. If I
            had diesel/kerosene, how would I know it?

            On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Chandler Chip
            <cchandler66@...>wrote:

            > Electric or Eberspracher diesel/kerosene?
            >

            > Chip Chandler
            > cchandler66@...
            >
            > On Jan 15, 2013, at 9:03 PM, William S <william.swann2@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Mine does not work. I can not find a schematic, to troubleshoot. Can
            > anyone describe what buttons to push to make it work? What beyond the fan
            > and heat button are needed? Thanks in advance.

            Thanks, Bill S
            Ph 832-338-3080
            www.watt-tracker.com
            www.promotingevs.com

          • Chandler Chip
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
              In the file section there are various service manuals on different year Forces and E-10s and a manual on the Eberspracher D5W, if you have that heater. The diesel heater would be where the AC unit would be in a Force, shown in the service manuals. We need more information on your Solectria to help.

              Chip Chandler
              cchandler66@...

              On Jan 16, 2013, at 1:03 PM, William Swann <william.swann2@...> wrote:

              > I assume I have electric, as there is a push button on the console. If I
              > had diesel/kerosene, how would I know it?
              >
              > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Chandler Chip
              > cchandler66@...>wrote:
              >
              > > Electric or Eberspracher diesel/kerosene?
              > >

              > > Chip Chandler
              > > cchandler66@...
              > >
              > > On Jan 15, 2013, at 9:03 PM, William S william.swann2@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > Mine does not work. I can not find a schematic, to troubleshoot. Can
              > > anyone describe what buttons to push to make it work? What beyond the fan
              > > and heat button are needed? Thanks in advance.

              > --
              > Thanks, Bill S
              > Ph 832-338-3080
              > www.watt-tracker.com
              > www.promotingevs.com

            • William Swann
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
                Thank you. I have found a schematic, and will trace out the wires / replace
                fuses as necessary.

                On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Chandler Chip
                <cchandler66@...>wrote:

                > In the file section there are various service manuals on different year
                > Forces and E-10s and a manual on the Eberspracher D5W, if you have that
                > heater. The diesel heater would be where the AC unit would be in a Force,
                > shown in the service manuals. We need more information on your Solectria to
                > help.
                >
                > Chip Chandler
                > cchandler66@...
                >
                > On Jan 16, 2013, at 1:03 PM, William Swann <william.swann2@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > > I assume I have electric, as there is a push button on the console. If I
                > > had diesel/kerosene, how would I know it?
                > >
                > > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Chandler Chip
                > > cchandler66@...>wrote:
                > >
                > > > Electric or Eberspracher diesel/kerosene?
                > > >

                > > > Chip Chandler
                > > > cchandler66@...

                > > > anyone describe what buttons to push to make it work? What beyond the
                > fan
                > > > and heat button are needed? Thanks in advance.

                > > --
                > > Thanks, Bill S
                > > Ph 832-338-3080
                > > www.watt-tracker.com
                > > www.promotingevs.com

                Thanks, Bill S
                Ph 832-338-3080
                www.watt-tracker.com
                www.promotingevs.com

              • Etienne Gibeault
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
                  The D5W diesel heater in my 98 Force also failed a few years ago and I have not been able to find the location of the fuses for it. If you do I'd really appreciate it if you could let us know their location(s). Thanks. Etienne

                  ________________________________

                  cchandler66@...>wrote:

                  > In the file section there are various service manuals on different year
                  > Forces and E-10s and a manual on the Eberspracher D5W, if you have that
                  > heater. The diesel heater would be where the AC unit would be in a Force,
                  > shown in the service manuals. We need more information on your Solectria to
                  > help.
                  >
                  > Chip Chandler
                  > cchandler66@...
                  >
                  > On Jan 16, 2013, at 1:03 PM, William Swann william.swann2@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > I assume I have electric, as there is a push button on the console. If I
                  > > had diesel/kerosene, how would I know it?
                  > >
                  > > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Chandler Chip
                  > > cchandler66@...>wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Electric or Eberspracher diesel/kerosene?
                  > > >

                  > > > Chip Chandler
                  > > > cchandler66@...

                  > > > anyone describe what buttons to push to make it work? What beyond the
                  > fan
                  > > > and heat button are needed? Thanks in advance.

                  > > --
                  > > Thanks, Bill S
                  > > Ph 832-338-3080
                  > > www.watt-tracker.com
                  > > www.promotingevs.com

                  Thanks, Bill S
                  Ph 832-338-3080
                  www.watt-tracker.com
                  www.promotingevs.com

                • William Swann
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 16, 2013
                    I have electric heat only. The fuse for that is on top of a plastic box
                    under the hood. It is the box with maybe 9 fuses. They should be labeled.

                    Thanks, Bill S
                    Ph 832-338-3080
                    www.watt-tracker.com
                    www.promotingevs.com