Re: [solectria_ev] State of the art

  • Charles Bliss
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2013
      Since you are in Santa Rosa, you have more options given that it doesn't
      get super cold there. 100ah Thunder Sky (now Sino-Poy) fit in the
      existing battery boxes with room to spare. The CALB batteries are the
      same size and will run at lower temperatures than the Sino-Poly.

      With a little modification you can fit in the 160ah form factor (now
      200ah). You will want to budget for a BMS. Without a good one, you are
      simply putting your Lithium battery investment at risk.

      If money is no object, you might consider EnerDel. I wish I could
      afford to put a set of them in one of my cars.

      For future reference, the [black] SIno-Poly batteries are slightly
      larger dimensionally than the [yellow] Thundersky of the same rating. I
      am guessing that when they retooled, they ground a little out of the
      molds to clean them up. That would make the molded batteries slightly
      larger. It is like 1mm.