RE: AH meter is out

  • Will Beckett
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2013
      I know I have had this problem before but it has been a long time and I
      don't recall where to go to fix it. I forgot to use the disconnect when I
      was messing with the batteries and now the AH meter is not on. Hope you can
      help.

      - Will

    • Roma
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013
        I have a similar problem. My AH meter counts down as I am driving, showing that the batteries are fully charged when they are not. For example, I started the car at 4.6 aH, and after a few minutes it went to 2+ aH, then to nearly zero. I have another gauge that showed about 17 aH used. I wonder if I need a new meter.

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "Will Beckett" wrote:

        > I know I have had this problem before but it has been a long time and I
        > don't recall where to go to fix it. I forgot to use the disconnect when I
        > was messing with the batteries and now the AH meter is not on. Hope you can
        > help.
        >

        > - Will

      • Ken Olum
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 9, 2013
          In my experience all AH meter problems are caused by condensation on
          the PC board, which in in an unsealed enclosure under the dash.
          Sometimes this leads to corrosion, burnt traces, and destruction of
          the resister in the power supply line. There's a bunch of discussion
          of it on the list archives.

          I recoated my board and covered over the opening to the enclosure with
          duct tape, and my AH meter has worked flawlessly since then.

          Ken
        • Roma
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9, 2013
            Thanks, Ken. It makes sense, especially since the weather has turned colder here in Chicago. I will follow your advice.