Re: New Solectria Owner Questions

  • Sean K
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
      Is the 11AH what the AH meter in the dash says or are you somehow testing the batteries independently. I'm not positive about the 95 model but in my 99 the AH meter starts at 0 and counts up, this lets you know how much you've used.

      If after charging your meter isn't at 0 you can reset that by unplugging and plugging back in the service disconnect ( smallish red connector in the engine compartment).

      If you aren't getting decent range out I'd start looking into your battery pack, there is a battery test procedure in the service manual posted in the files section, I hope this helps.

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "jonaslapointe" wrote:

      > Hi, my school just got a 1995 2 seater force up and going and I have two questions for the group.
      > 1) what is the purpose of the auxillary battery under the dash/heater control unit?
      > 2) our car is only charging up to ~11Ah. Any suggestions? It seems like it might have something to do with temperature sensors in the battery compartments from some posts but I am new to this car.
      > Thanks!
      > - Jonas

    • Roma
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 13, 2013
        My Force would only charge 15 aH. I disconnect it for a couple of seconds and then reconnect it. It then charges up another 15 aH. This is of course a temporary solution. I'd be curious to see if it works for you, but I'd also like to find a permanent solution.
        Roma

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 15, 2013
          Your charger has a bad cap board in it.

          Internally it is charging to the max amp-hour setting and then stopping.
          Since it thinks it is transferring more power than it is. When you unplug
          it you reset this counter.

          I would recommend you repair/replace the board before it fails completely.