1997 Solectria For Sale-East Coast

  • pattersondr2
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2013
      1997 Solectria for sale. Philadelphia reginal area.

      17,500 miles, all original, on-road, inspected, Used weekly. Batteries ~2-4 years installed, about 18-20 AHr. available. BC3300 charger,PackTracker monitor,air,heater. Good candidate for Li conversion.

      $5,500

      For more information: drpatterson@...
    • d. Bouton Baldridge
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2013
        Hi Jonas, Welcome.
        Not sure what aux battery you are refering to, most of the Forces that I am aware of used DC/DC converters for the 12v accessory circuit. After over 20 years my converter just quit and not wanting to buy another one I put in a lifepo4 40Ah instead and a 15 watt solar panel which seems to do the trick since I only use the Force for local errands. The charge process makes the Amphour meter go backwards; as far as the reading on your Ampmeter if it reads - 11 Ah (neg) that is the over charge associated with the charge alorithm for a lead acid pack. This is done intentionally to balance the cells since lead acid is somewhat tollerant of slight overcharging.  Once you turn on the ignition the meter should reset to 0 (zero) and will then start indicating Amp hours used which is a very good means of determining SOC (State Of Charge) if you know the capacity and condition of your pack before you start out after it is fully charged. Voltage is helpful but not
        a very reliable indicator for remaining capacity especially when using Lifepo4 cells.I am assuming you are using Lead/Acid, but if you are using another chemistry, you should get the charger algorithm changed since overcharging is not prefered for any other chemistry.
        Bouty

        D. Bouton Baldridge
        EV Advocate
        http://www.evalbum.com/883http://www.evalbum.com/746http://www.evalbum.com/745http://www.evalbum.com/743

        ________________________________
        1997 Solectria for sale. Philadelphia reginal area.

        17,500 miles, all original, on-road, inspected, Used weekly. Batteries ~2-4 years installed, about 18-20 AHr. available. BC3300 charger,PackTracker monitor,air,heater. Good candidate for Li conversion.

        $5,500

        For more information: mailto:drpatterson%40comcast.net

      • roup62
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
          Hi David

          just came back from ski vacation, yes I live in Montreal more precisely on the south shore, what is the use of the small door on the passager side, do you have more pictures of your car (interior, under the hood,the trunk) ,since the batteries have to be replaced soon is your price negotiable.
          Thanks!

          Pierre