Elcon Chargers

  • William S
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2012
      Does anyone have an ElCon charger and a J1772 plug and a 110 volt outlet. Elcon allows charging at 110 and 220 v. How did you handle the live voltage appearing at the 110 v outlet when charging at 220 v?
    • William S
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 24, 2012
        I decided to plug the charger into the J1772, from Tucsonev.com or the 110 volt connection, and not think about combining them.

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "William S" <william.swann2@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have an ElCon charger and a J1772 plug and a 110 volt outlet. Elcon allows charging at 110 and 220 v. How did you handle the live voltage appearing at the 110 v outlet when charging at 220 v?

      • Joe O'Brien
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 31, 2012
          I have the 4000 series, and it is supposed to be 110/240 (I'm sure it is).
          So the only wiring I'm planning is the safety interlock to insure the charge
          cycle cannot start when the car is off.

          I'll post what it looks like when I'm done. In the meantime:
          http://914electric.wordpress.com/2012/04/22/j1772-receptacle-hack/

          Joe

          Does anyone have an ElCon charger and a J1772 plug and a 110 volt outlet.
          Elcon allows charging at 110 and 220 v. How did you handle the live voltage
          appearing at the 110 v outlet when charging at 220 v?

          _____

          No virus found in this message.

          No virus found in this message.