Hot Chargers

  • Stephen Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29, 2003
      I was curious how hot the BC3300 chargers are suppose to get. While in full charge the unit is very hot to the touch. I can keep my hand on the hottest areas, but it is uncomfortable. Given this much heat, why did Solectria surround them with styrofoam. I'm wondering if my fuse problem might have something to do with all this heat. What have other people done with the foam? I'm thinking I should remove it to allow better air flow.

      Stephen Taylor
      1999 NiCd Force
      1999 and 1997 Lead Acid Force