Lithionics?

  • Tom Hudson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
      Hi All,

      I was just asked today about Lithionics lithium-ion batteries
      (http://lithionicsbattery.com), a brand that I'm not familiar with. Has anyone here had
      any experience with this brand?

      -Tom

      --
      Thomas Hudson
      http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
        They look cool a great idea with but in BMS, but they look WAY expensive.

        I'm really watching this one myself www.enviasystems.com it'll probable be proprietary technology for GM though

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Dec 16, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Tom Hudson <tdhudson@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > I was just asked today about Lithionics lithium-ion batteries
        > (http://lithionicsbattery.com), a brand that I'm not familiar with. Has anyone here had
        > any experience with this brand?
        >
        > -Tom
        >
        > --
        > Thomas Hudson
        > http://portev.org -- Electric Vehicles, Solar Power & More
        > http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects

      • Jerry Liebler
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 16, 2012
          Tim,
          I strongly suspect that these are NOT suited to being connected in
          series as they would need to be in any EV application ( the internal
          circuitry contains "switches" that have voltage limits far below typical
          pack voltages and would be destroyed quickly) . In addition the price
          will be substantially more than for 4 LIFEPO4 (12.8 volts nominal)
          cells of equivalent AH capacity. Today's prices for high quality LIFEPO4
          cells is about $1.25/AH so 12 volts of LIFEPO4 is about $5/AH if you
          want to compare.
          Regards
          Jerry

        • theoldcars@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 17, 2012
            I can hardly wait myself until a superior and less expensive battery comes
            along but be careful.

            Having seen EV drivers taking huge losses on other lists. I would highly
            advise seeing independent cycle testing results before jumping in. The
            problem with waiting for feed back from EV drivers is it takes too long.

            The only reason I have endorsed the CALB cells is they have about the best
            track record in EV use.

            Sorry I can't post pricing on the CALB CA series you will have to contact
            me off list.

            I am only doing this so EVs are more affordable and have improved
            performance. If you can find someone selling for less please let me know as that
            would be great.

            Don Blazer

            Tim Brown wrote:

            > They look cool a great idea with but in BMS, but they look WAY expensive.
            >
            > I'm really watching this one myself www.enviasystems.com it'll
            > probable be proprietary technology for GM though
            >
            > Sent from my iPhone
            >
            > On Dec 16, 2012, at 12:37 PM, Tom Hudson <_tdhudson@..._
            (mailto:tdhudson@...)
            > <mailto:tdhudson%40klanky.com>> wrote:
            >
            > > Hi All,
            > >
            > > I was just asked today about Lithionics lithium-ion batteries
            > > (_http://lithionicsbattery.com_ (http://lithionicsbattery.com/) ), a
            brand that I'm not familiar with.
            > Has anyone here had
            > > any experience with this brand?