Re: [solectria_ev] Yay!!

  • Collin Kidder
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 13, 2012
      You're also going to want a compatible CCS file and PAR file. You can't use
      CCShell without them. Both I and Otedawg have a bunch of these files. I
      could probably try to dig up a proper set of files for you.

      Also, you're probably going to want the manuals for the DMOC. I also have
      all of those. If the files section of this message board doesn't already
      have the manuals then I can add them. The thing that stinks is that there
      is firmware for DMOCs and I don't have a copy of it. It would be great if
      everyone could maintain the most recent firmware version.

      At any rate, I've been in the same boat as you. I also did a conversion
      from ElectroAutomotive. The one I did was with a DMOC445 and AC24 motor. I
      have a lot of experience ruining DMOCs and messing up the settings so I
      might be of service if you run into trouble. ;) Also, I bought a bunch of
      DMOC645 controllers when Azure went out so I have spares.

      Speaking of DMOC645 controllers... I might take one apart and see what it
      is possible to glean from the wisdom. Maybe I'll be lucky and they didn't
      lock down the firmware. Maybe I can get some design tips or at least
      provide good photos of the workings to aid in service work on them in the
      future. I know that there are companies which bought the rights to the
      controller and its software but they are almost certain to be of no aid to
      hobbyist users.

      On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM, dougkasunich <sandkas@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Great, I was able to download CC Shell from the Solectria Group file list.
      > Now to figure out how to use it. Thanks Soectria!!! Doug Kasunich

    • otedawg
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 13, 2012
        Collin,
        I've got some of the firmware as well - from the Azure website file dump. My problem is that I don't want to brick my controller or have to do too much (re) development to get my car back to the place I'm at now. I believe the firmware came with AZDProg.

        It would be nice to have an open version of the firmware. If we had that, I wouldn't be so wary about messing around.

        Thanks,
        Josh
        (Otedawg)

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 13, 2012
          I don't suppose you want to upload that firmware stuff somewhere do you? ;)

          I was helping to write opensource FOC firmware for an open source 3-phase
          motor controller (OpenRevolt) before I got busy and had to work on other
          things. If I kept working on that I don't see any reason it could not be
          ported to the DMOC controllers as well. It would be quite some time before
          it was at the same level as what they had though. I would have to open up a
          DMOC645 to see what sort of processor they used and all that good stuff. A
          dsPIC30 is pretty common but I don't know if they used it or not.

          On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 12:30 PM, otedawg <joshua.orfield@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Collin,
          > I've got some of the firmware as well - from the Azure website file dump.
          > My problem is that I don't want to brick my controller or have to do too
          > much (re) development to get my car back to the place I'm at now. I believe
          > the firmware came with AZDProg.
          >
          > It would be nice to have an open version of the firmware. If we had that,
          > I wouldn't be so wary about messing around.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Josh
          > (Otedawg)

        • dougkasunich
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 16, 2012
            OMG, more downloading. I just loaded CC Shell in my laptop and it won't run. The message I get is that something is missing to run it. The something has a name which I will do a search on and try to download. I did get all of the pertinent files from the Solectria Group list (I think). Since I have not been able to run CC Shell yet I don't know what a compatible CCS or PAR file is. I will get back to you. Thank you much for taking the time to give me advice! Thanks Collin, Doug

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 16, 2012
              I'm pretty sure I did Otedawg. I'll keep a post going now and then to let you know how it is going. Thanks from Doug Kasunich