Re: [solectria_ev] Belt drive or no belt drive

  • dexion111@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2012
      Good point too

      Sent from my Virgin Mobile Android-Powered Device

      From: "Rick Durst" <k1ykz7@...>

      To: <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com>

      Date: Tue, Dec 11, 2012 1:13 am

      I have a 95 Solectria Force. 65,000 miles. I have read that some have

      belt drives and some don't. If I have a belt drive, I think the belt

      broke. If it isn't belt drive it is something worse.

      I don't see anything in the manual about replacing the belt, just removing

      the motor/transmission. Which will be my next step.

      I read the post about the 1992 belt, but looking at the belt in the 92

      repair manual, my force certainly isn't like that one.

      The motor spins and sounds like a slipping belt (not really a metallic

      sound) but the vehicle just doesn't move.

      Anyone with more details about the motor/gear box or belt drive in a 1995

      Force?

      Rick