Re: [solectria_ev] Belt drive or no belt drive

  • Doug Brentlinger
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2012
      A broken half shaft will also cause this. The passenger side is a built up
      unit, welded together and I had the welds break.

      doug
      510-304-5001

      ________________________________
      From: "Rick Durst" <k1ykz7@...>
      To: <solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [solectria_ev] Belt drive or no belt drive
      Date: Tue, Dec 11, 2012 1:13 am
      I have a 95 Solectria Force. 65,000 miles. I have read that some have

      belt drives and some don't. If I have a belt drive, I think the belt

      broke. If it isn't belt drive it is something worse.

      I don't see anything in the manual about replacing the belt, just removing

      the motor/transmission. Which will be my next step.

      I read the post about the 1992 belt, but looking at the belt in the 92

      repair manual, my force certainly isn't like that one.

      The motor spins and sounds like a slipping belt (not really a metallic

      sound) but the vehicle just doesn't move.

      Anyone with more details about the motor/gear box or belt drive in a 1995

      Force?

      Rick

    • dexion111@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2012