Lithium Conversions what is your miles per kWh?

  • jacambri
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
      Hi all,

      Working on a capstone project as a Mechanical Engineer at IUPUI. We have an E-10 and our project is to design a fast swap battery system for it. For our presentation I was hoping to have some stats for miles per kWh on current E-10 or other Solectria vehicles using Lithium Ion batteries. Thanks for the help in advance.

      Jason
    • William Swann
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
        Interesting project. I will do a test drive shortly to evaluate the
        a-hr/mile, driving conservatively. Maybe you can design a box within a box,
        assuming the Li battery footprint is smaller than the existing battery box.

        --
        Thanks, Bill Swann
        Www.watt-tracker.com

      • d. Bouton Baldridge
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
          For my 92 Force I get pretty much 200 Wh/mile @ 160v
          Bouty

          ________________________________

          --
          Thanks, Bill Swann
          http://www.watt-tracker.com/

        • William Swann
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
            Doing the math on a conservative 9.9 mile drive, per the odometer.
            Google maps reported 9.7, so I'm close.
            6.45 amp hours x 228 nominal system voltage / 9.9 miles = 148 watt hours
            per mile. My battery pack feeds 2 controllers.
            But if the pack were charged to 13 volts x 19 batteries = 247 volts, the #
            would be 6.45*247/9.9 = 160 w-hr/mi.
            You can do much worse.

            On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM, d. Bouton Baldridge <cfrkeepr@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > For my 92 Force I get pretty much 200 Wh/mile @ 160v
            > Bouty

            Thanks, Bill S
            Ph 832-338-3080
            www.watt-tracker.com
            www.promotingevs.com

          • Chandler Chip
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 11, 2012
              97 Force: depending on the temperature of the pack, I find 200-240 wh/mile, 160-140 volts.

              Chip Chandler
              cchandler66@...