Re: DIY J1772 plug

  • Sean K
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 27, 2012
      I'd have to agree here, while you can get a home charging station for less than a grand most of the chargers you're going to see around are going to be a whole lot more of that, the company I work for has 2 of the two plug Schneider Electric EVlink chargers, they're about 6k each retail, not to mention that you probably have several thousand dollars invested in your car. If you don't have proper insullation you could damage their charging station, your car's charger, and start a fire, or worse you become the path to ground. It's just not worth saving a few bucks, high voltage (and current) systems are way too dangerous to mess with if you don't know what you're doing.