Re: [solectria_ev] '97 Force CALB 100 Upgrade

  • theoldcars@aol.com
    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 6, 2012
      The CA cells were developed and improved to perform better under colder
      temperatures then the SE cells. They maintain a higher voltage under load and
      about 15% more useable capacity then the CALB SE cells when cold. That is
      quite an improvement considering the SE cells are some of the best low cost
      LiFePo4 options.

      Give new cells at least 20 to 30 cycles before evaluating their
      performance.

      Don Blazer

      In a message dated 11/6/2012 10:31:10 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      tdhudson@... writes:

      Yeah, we'll see what happens with the CA cells. Worst-case scenario, if I
      see significant
      voltage sag when they're cold, I'll get in there and put the heater mats
      in. One reason I
      held off was that the heater mats I have are from the original lead-acid
      battery boxes --
      the rear box hasn't changed, but the front box was swapped out to a
      different form factor
      for the NiCDs in 2001 and has a different footprint, plus is a two-tier
      thing, so I'd have
      to modify the heater mat into two pieces for it. Not trivial. But it is an
      option, if
      necessary. Out of curiosity, has anyone ever worked with that heater mat
      material? It
      looks like it is just cut to whatever size you need, but I wonder what the
      story is with
      attaching the electrical leads. Gotta do that right!

      -Tom

    • m_sev@juno.com
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 21, 2012
        I think my charger (picture attached - label is illegible) is over-charging my batteries, can anyone point me in the direction of how to check and change the programming?

        Thanks,
        Mark