Re: [solectria_ev] '97 Force CALB 100 Upgrade

  • Chandler Chip
    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 5, 2012
      Congratulations, Tom.

      I am wondering where you placed your temp sensors in your battery boxes. I have two in my rear box, one in the middle top between two cells, where I think the warmest location would be, and one on the side halfway down in the narrow gap between the cells and the inner wall. No insulation in or over my boxes except for the half inch (or whatever) on the outside, and my heat pads are disconnected. I'll report in January on my temperature findings, but so far have not had any readings on the high end that are close to being alarming, even on 90 degree days (highest pack high temp was 102F after driving and charging). In fact, as Bouty has said, these cells shine in a tropical setting. Understandably the outside wall temp reading is almost always lower and the difference is greater as the temperatures cool here in the NE. Knowing where you are taking your readings, insulation, and use of pack heaters might help with any comparisons between your CALB 100s and my TS 160s (1997 Force, 8500 miles) since we are both living in the cold. Heated garage? Thanks,

      Chip Chandler
      cchandler66@...

    • m_sev@juno.com
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 21, 2012
        I think my charger (picture attached - label is illegible) is over-charging my batteries, can anyone point me in the direction of how to check and change the programming?

        Thanks,
        Mark