Re: [solectria_ev] Volt/ammeter WAS Re: '97 Force CALB 100 Upgrade

  • Tom Hudson
    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 2, 2012
      Photos of my volt-ammeter installation are up in the photos section. Sorry I didn't take
      more, but they show the high points.

      -Tom

      On 11/2/2012 12:37 PM, Tom Hudson wrote:

      > Hehe -- yeah, it's a Westach. I actually bought it from Solectria several years ago, and
      > wasn't sure about how to install it so waited until I had a good idea of how to approach
      > it. Not to mention I HATE trying to get that damn instrument cluster out of the dashboard.
      >
      > So one day I had some time on my hands and bit the bullet and went for the install. It is
      > not a job for the timid, requiring major surgery to the interior of the cluster, including
      > the little flexible circuit board that runs around it (you have to cut away parts and wire
      > in jumpers). I took some photos of the project and may have some that show exactly what I
      > did. I'll tell you this: I've done lots of model work for years involving plastics and
      > electronics, and this was still a very tough job to get the unit to fit where it needed to
      > go to be located in the right cutout. A Dremel tool is your friend.
      >
      > I'll go see if I can find the photos and will post them to the photos section.
      >
      > -Tom
      >
      > On 11/2/2012 12:11 PM, geo_homsy2 wrote:
      > >
      > > Oooooh, sexy dual meter!
      > >
      > > Two questions:
      > > * is that a westach? If not, can you tell us where you got it?
      > > * was it difficult to install?
      > >
      > > I was thinking of doing exactly this, last week. Now I definitely want to!
      > >
      > > //Geo
      > >

      > --
      > Thomas Hudson
      > http://portev.org -- Electric Vehicles, Solar Power & More
      > http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects

      Thomas Hudson
      http://klanky.com -- Animation Projects

      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 21, 2012
        I think my charger (picture attached - label is illegible) is over-charging my batteries, can anyone point me in the direction of how to check and change the programming?

        Thanks,
        Mark