NLG4 problems WAS Re: '97 Force CALB 100 Upgrade

  • geo_homsy2
    Message 1 of 43 , Nov 2, 2012
      Ahhhhh, the "half power" problem. I never heard of it before, but it makes sense, given what happened to my NLG4 last week.

      My NLG4 has been running at half power ever since I started monitoring it a few weeks ago. I just thought it was doing that for some "good" reason. And, the current was jittery. Again, I thought that's just the way it is.

      Then, last week, it bit it, big time. Opening up revealed the cap board had zorched on one side.

      So, my guess is that it was running at half power 'cause one side was marginally smoked for a LOOOOONG while, and it finally bit the dust when it got so bad that the input fuses finally blew?

      Does this make sense to anyone/everyone? Anyone seen this problem before? Tom? Wolf?

      //Geo
    • m_sev@juno.com
      Message 43 of 43 , Nov 21, 2012
        I think my charger (picture attached - label is illegible) is over-charging my batteries, can anyone point me in the direction of how to check and change the programming?

        Thanks,
        Mark