Re: [solectria_ev] Controller delta vs WYE [was Re: Upgrade voltage - DC-DC Converter ...]

    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 27, 2012
      It is more basic than that, with out adjusting for the inductance change
      from DELTA to WYE the pwm current wave form will start to look triangular,
      instead of sinusoidal.

      Or more square if going from WYE to DELTA...

      You want a nice prefect sinewave for the most efficient transfer of power
      to the rotor.

    • otedawg
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
        FINALLY!
        I got my AC24 to work in both Delta and WYE. I hacked the parameters together from 4 different .par files, and tested them in the car with my multimeter and scope (+HV probe borrowed from work). It works fine. I've been able to get to 75mph on the highway. If anyone is interested, I can post .par files for both delta and wye.

        Thanks for all the help,
        Josh

      • Gerry Gaydos
        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
          Hi Josh,That's great news. I'd be interested in receiving the .par files you came up with/used. Thanks,Gerry

          "Internal combustion is so last century"... Funkymoto�, Electrifying Cars! 250 598 3100

          To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
          From: joshua.orfield@...
          Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:21:44 +0000
          Subject: [solectria_ev] Controller delta vs WYE [was Re: Upgrade voltage - DC-DC Converter ...]

          FINALLY!

          I got my AC24 to work in both Delta and WYE. I hacked the parameters together from 4 different .par files, and tested them in the car with my multimeter and scope (+HV probe borrowed from work). It works fine. I've been able to get to 75mph on the highway. If anyone is interested, I can post .par files for both delta and wye.

          Thanks for all the help,

          Josh

          --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Wolf <wolf@...> wrote:

          > It is more basic than that, with out adjusting for the inductance change

          > from DELTA to WYE the pwm current wave form will start to look triangular,

          > instead of sinusoidal.

          > Or more square if going from WYE to DELTA...

          > You want a nice prefect sinewave for the most efficient transfer of power

          > to the rotor.

          > On Oct 27, 2012 2:10 PM, "Lawrence Winiarski" <lawrence_winiarski@...>

          > wrote:

          > > **

          > > Just lurking and not a motor expert, but wouldn't the lag of the phasor

          > > (and of course the total current) depend more heavily on the slip?

          > > I'd think the actual reactive inductance varies all over the place as the

          > > car goes up and down hills and shifts from power => regen.

          > > Not saying the static inductance doesn't matter, but curious how much the

          > > phasor angle varies from the static position.

          > > If we don't halt population growth with justice and compassion, it will be

          > > done for us by nature, brutally and without pity - and will leave a ravaged

          > > world.

          > > Nobel Laureate Dr. Henry W. Kendall 023934

          > > ________________________________

        • Newton Hausermann
          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
            Hi josh any information/files on this we'd love to use these as a base
            level for our project, particularly the detla configuration.

            On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Gerry Gaydos <gerry.gaydos@...>wrote:

            > Hi Josh,That's great news. I'd be interested in receiving the .par files
            > you came up with/used. Thanks,Gerry
            >
            > "Internal combustion is so last century"... Funkymoto�, Electrifying Cars!
            > 250 598 3100
            >
            > To: solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com
            > From: joshua.orfield@...
            > Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:21:44 +0000
            > Subject: [solectria_ev] Controller delta vs WYE [was Re: Upgrade voltage -
            > DC-DC Converter ...]

            > FINALLY!
            >
            > I got my AC24 to work in both Delta and WYE. I hacked the parameters
            > together from 4 different .par files, and tested them in the car with my
            > multimeter and scope (+HV probe borrowed from work). It works fine. I've
            > been able to get to 75mph on the highway. If anyone is interested, I can
            > post .par files for both delta and wye.
            >

            > Thanks for all the help,
            >
            > Josh
            >

            > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Wolf <wolf@...> wrote:
            >

            > > It is more basic than that, with out adjusting for the inductance change
            >
            > > from DELTA to WYE the pwm current wave form will start to look
            > triangular,
            >
            > > instead of sinusoidal.
            >

            > > Or more square if going from WYE to DELTA...
            >

            > > You want a nice prefect sinewave for the most efficient transfer of power
            >
            > > to the rotor.
            >
            > > On Oct 27, 2012 2:10 PM, "Lawrence Winiarski" <lawrence_winiarski@...>
            >
            > > wrote:
            >

            > > > **
            >

            > > > Just lurking and not a motor expert, but wouldn't the lag of the phasor
            >
            > > > (and of course the total current) depend more heavily on the slip?
            >
            > > > I'd think the actual reactive inductance varies all over the place as
            > the
            >
            > > > car goes up and down hills and shifts from power => regen.
            >

            > > > Not saying the static inductance doesn't matter, but curious how much
            > the
            >
            > > > phasor angle varies from the static position.

            > > > If we don't halt population growth with justice and compassion, it
            > will be
            >
            > > > done for us by nature, brutally and without pity - and will leave a
            > ravaged
            >
            > > > world.
            >
            > > > Nobel Laureate Dr. Henry W. Kendall 023934

          • otedawg
            Message 5 of 24 , Nov 6, 2012
              Newton, Gerry,
              I've uploaded the files to the files section of the site. I have a later version of the Delta file, but I'm still waiting to see how well it pans out in my car... I've changed the econ mode to 15kw, and some of the torque/brake slew variables to try to fix a few issues I had with Regen.

              I've also got the latest ccs program (3.1.8.01/03) and a bunch of .par/.ccs files from Azure's website, but they don't seem to be very useful. (I setup a crawler and downloaded everything I could.)

              Let me know if I can help with anything.
              Josh
              The EV grin works great at 70mph...