Another Force Back on the Road

  • otedawg
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 24, 2012
      I just took my newly reassembled Force for a test drive yesterday... I'm pretty happy with the performance of the AC24 and new AT1200 gearbox, as well as the 50 CALB 100s that I've added. I took a drive of about 41Miles, and the dash Ammeter said that I used a whopping 51Ah. (That is with using A/C for about 1/4 of the trip, and regen for 1/4 of the trip.) That's on a drive with about 3000' overall elevation change. I've got a few more bugs to work out, but I think I'm almost ready to start driving to/from work daily.
    • anthony c
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 25, 2012
        Congrats!

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "otedawg" <joshua.orfield@...> wrote:

        > I just took my newly reassembled Force for a test drive yesterday... I'm pretty happy with the performance of the AC24 and new AT1200 gearbox, as well as the 50 CALB 100s that I've added. I took a drive of about 41Miles, and the dash Ammeter said that I used a whopping 51Ah. (That is with using A/C for about 1/4 of the trip, and regen for 1/4 of the trip.) That's on a drive with about 3000' overall elevation change. I've got a few more bugs to work out, but I think I'm almost ready to start driving to/from work daily.

      • Doug Brentlinger
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 25, 2012
          Wonderful to hear of your accomplishment!! The Force really loves to loose
          about 350 lbs of lead, it is much more spritely. (dictionary doesn't like this,
          what's it know!!)

          doug
          510-304-5001

          ________________________________
          > I just took my newly reassembled Force for a test drive yesterday... I'm pretty
          >happy with the performance of the AC24 and new AT1200 gearbox, as well as the 50
          >CALB 100s that I've added. I took a drive of about 41Miles, and the dash Ammeter
          >said that I used a whopping 51Ah. (That is with using A/C for about 1/4 of the
          >trip, and regen for 1/4 of the trip.) That's on a drive with about 3000' overall
          >elevation change. I've got a few more bugs to work out, but I think I'm almost
          >ready to start driving to/from work daily.

        • Joe Booth
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 27, 2012
            Hi all, It is nice to hear of an other Force getting reborn with today's technology. Good luck and happy motoring. I am new to the group and currently in the process of reviving a historical Solectria Force. My Force was part of the original Mass. Electric Vehicle Demonstration program and was purchased from U-Mass. It currently has the Lead Acid Gel Cells and I can not bring them back from the dead. I plan to upgrade to lithium ion batteries and a bms.

            I purchased this car "as is" and I do not know the condition of the other components. I am looking to the group to help me find a usable battery pack for sale or loan for testing purposes prior to making this huge investment. I live in Connecticut but, will travel to transport. I also will consider a parts car since I plan to use this vehicle for a long time.

            Please call or e-mail if you can help.

            Thank you,

            Joe Booth
            860-830-7725

            I just took my newly reassembled Force for a test drive yesterday... I'm pretty happy with the performance of the AC24 and new AT1200 gearbox, as well as the 50 CALB 100s that I've added. I took a drive of about 41Miles, and the dash Ammeter said that I used a whopping 51Ah. (That is with using A/C for about 1/4 of the trip, and regen for 1/4 of the trip.) That's on a drive with about 3000' overall elevation change. I've got a few more bugs to work out, but I think I'm almost ready to start driving to/from work daily.

          • Ray Darby
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 27, 2012
              Joe – I have a 96 Force I’m looking to sell (maybe $4,500 or best offer). Everything works except the AC (needs service I think, compressor comes on) and the lead acid batteries are weak but still good for an easy 20-25 miles or so. It has brand new tires this year and I replaced the speed sensor about 5 years ago and replaced the DB connectors under the hood about a year ago. Just had it serviced too, changed the tranny fluid and had brakes etc all checked so it’s in good running shape and would, at the very least, make a good parts car. Inside is clean (great upholstery) just the top of the dash is faded and “baked” a bit from the sun.

              - Ray

              I just took my newly reassembled Force for a test drive yesterday... I'm pretty happy with the performance of the AC24 and new AT1200 gearbox, as well as the 50 CALB 100s that I've added. I took a drive of about 41Miles, and the dash Ammeter said that I used a whopping 51Ah. (That is with using A/C for about 1/4 of the trip, and regen for 1/4 of the trip.) That's on a drive with about 3000' overall elevation change. I've got a few more bugs to work out, but I think I'm almost ready to start driving to/from work daily.

            • electric vehicle
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 27, 2012
                super josh !!!! good job