Re:3. Does the DC-DC converter have LVCO?

  • jwolfe@doitnow.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2012
      Don't quote me, but IIRC the DC-DC in my E-10 has a low voltage cutoff of
      85V on 144V input.

      At least that's about where it quit operating when the pack went that low.

      Jim - Glendale, AZ
      www.evalbum.com/1703

      3. Does the DC-DC converter have LVCO?
      Posted by: "geo_homsy2"
      Date: Thu Sep 6, 2012 11:16 pm ((PDT))

      Hi all-

      I'm busy with my LiFePO4 conversion, with eLithion BMS.

      I have a question: Does the Solectria DC to DC converter have any internal
      low voltage cutoff circuitry?

      I wish to use the BMS to protect the traction pack from over-discharging,
      obviously, but the issue here is slow over-discharge from leaving the car
      sitting around, off the charger.

      If anyone knows the answer to this question, I would be MUCH obliged.

      Yours,
      //Geo

      99 Force

    • William Swann

        Date: Thu Sep 6, 2012 11:16 pm ((PDT))

        Hi all-

        I'm busy with my LiFePO4 conversion, with eLithion BMS.

        I have a question: Does the Solectria DC to DC converter have any internal
        low voltage cutoff circuitry?

        I wish to use the BMS to protect the traction pack from over-discharging,
        obviously, but the issue here is slow over-discharge from leaving the car
        sitting around, off the charger.

        If anyone knows the answer to this question, I would be MUCH obliged.

        Yours,
        //Geo

        99 Force

        Thanks, Bill S
        Ph 832-338-3080
        www.watt-tracker.com
        www.promotingevs.com
      • theoldcars
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 22
          If anyone is considering the new CALB gray cells
          I can make a good deal with shipping on a pallet

          All sizes 40 - 180 amp hour ready to go.

          Don Blazer