Solectrias on eBay

  • anbausa
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2003
      There are two Solectias that just showed up on eBay. They look like
      a couple of vehicles that have been retired from a fleet and appear
      to have low mileage. There is no indication of their mechanical
      state or the condition of the batteries. Here are the details

      1997 Solectria Force - White
      Item 2420847679
      ViewItem&item=2420847679&category=6783
      Location Northern New Jersey
      Ends 6/30/2003

      1995 Solectria force - White
      Item 2420842682
      ViewItem&item=2420842682&category=6783
      Location Northern New Jersey
      Ends 6/30/2003

      Noel
      evfinder.com
    • Tom Hudson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2003
        Hmmm. They say it's a 1997 Force, but it isn't. Mine is a '97, and has the
        later glass-nosed headlights, and the Ah meter in the instrument cluster.
        That looks like maybe a '95.

        Thanks for reporting this!

        -Tom

        > There are two Solectias that just showed up on eBay. They look like
        > a couple of vehicles that have been retired from a fleet and appear
        > to have low mileage. There is no indication of their mechanical
        > state or the condition of the batteries. Here are the details
        >
        > 1997 Solectria Force - White
        > Item 2420847679
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
        > ViewItem&item=2420847679&category=6783
        > Location Northern New Jersey
        > Ends 6/30/2003
        >
        > 1995 Solectria force - White
        > Item 2420842682
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
        > ViewItem&item=2420842682&category=6783
        > Location Northern New Jersey
        > Ends 6/30/2003
      • Tom Hudson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 29, 2003
          > There are two Solectias that just showed up on eBay. They look like
          > a couple of vehicles that have been retired from a fleet and appear
          > to have low mileage. There is no indication of their mechanical
          > state or the condition of the batteries. Here are the details

          I looked up the VIN on the car with 6701 miles on it; it shows up as a 1996
          Metro.

          Question:

          Does anybody know if there are any major differences between a 96 and 97 Geo
          Metro in terms of how the various Force EV components are installed? I'm
          thinking of bidding on this car; I want to be sure to have some spare parts
          on hand, and besides -- it never hurts to have another EV available.

          -Tom

          Thomas Hudson