Re: Main Relay Location? UMOC 440

  • Aaron Proman
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 5, 2012
      Josh,
      Two other things to check
      1. the minimum voltage setting in the UMOCs parameters (2 Min Bat. Volts:)  If above your pack's voltage, UMOC would not turn on
      2. A low accelerator potentiometer value is considered a fault - as if disconnected.

      The value is displayed in the first line, the first number:

      ad 11 323 1022 1021 1022 352 40 196
      In your case it shows 11.  I think that below 10 is considered a fault by the UMOC, not sure if that is a parameter or hardwired.

      As for the external contactor on my car, I did it to minimize any drain on the batteries when off.  Besides the UMOC controller, the HV supplies the DC-DC(Iota DLS-240-55) and the A/C compressor controller (Masterflux)
      I never measured current to the controller when off - though it would be easy enough to do, just move one wire to the other lug of the contactor.
      Sadly, I had to retire my project (http://evalbum.com/4134) last week, when the range dropped to 7km - the kid's school is 4km away.  Anyone in South Africa or Mozambique interested in buying a conversion in need of new batteries?

      -Aaron

      >Aaron,
      >Just wondering - what is the purpose of the external contactor? After my
      teardown of my UMOC, I can say with certainty that it has an internal
      contactor. Are you just trying for better safety?