Re: [solectria_ev] Re: CALB 100 AH Batteries Installed

  • d. Bouton Baldridge
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hi Mike,
       The insulation is a good thing I wish mine was especially in winter when I have the waterbed heater on, but ventilation would be a good thing too. While it is nothing like Pb, I do remember when my lithium were new that there was a little off gassing that is probably normal and annoying but in my case that was going into the cabin so I did use the fan for that but either I have gotten used to it or it has dissapated.
      Good luck with your project I am really pleased with my lithium and I only have a small pack but it serves me nearly every day and I have not plugged it in, in two years.
      Bouty

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
        Mike,
        I just jammed all of mine in the rear battery box - I fit 50 cells in there, and boy are they snug. I'm thinking they'll be fine even in the heat here - They're rated to 55deg C (not charging) and I don't anticipate 130deg F in those boxes. Even on a really hot day here in NM (~100deg F) the cells aren't much above 85deg F.

        What is the capacity of your cells? My charger is measuring mine at 127A 172V fully (98%) charged. I'd heard about people getting 10% higher than rated out of CALBs, but 27% is awesome.

        Thanks,
        Josh

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "d. Bouton Baldridge" <cfrkeepr@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mike,
        >  The insulation is a good thing I wish mine was especially in winter when I have the waterbed heater on, but ventilation would be a good thing too. While it is nothing like Pb, I do remember when my lithium were new that there was a little off gassing that is probably normal and annoying but in my case that was going into the cabin so I did use the fan for that but either I have gotten used to it or it has dissapated.
        > Good luck with your project I am really pleased with my lithium and I only have a small pack but it serves me nearly every day and I have not plugged it in, in two years.
        > Bouty

      • Wolf Packs, Inc.
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
          Mike R.,

          Good to hear it's charging. You'll like how it drives without the extra 500 lbs.

          Paul Martin
          Ashland, OR
          1997 Lithium Force @ almost 10,000 miles

          http://traildog.blogspot.com/