Used Battery Pack

  • Joshua Goldstein
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2012
      Hi all,
      My '99 Force battery pack reached 29K miles, and I installed an
      identical new pack (13 Deka 8G27s) with much-appreciated help from Ken Olum
      & Co. Now I'm wondering if anyone wants to buy -- or has an idea how to
      sell -- the used pack, 13 8G27s near the end of their life cycle but
      seemingly in otherwise good condition, i.e. no bad ones in the pack. The
      range had dropped to about 20 AH (18-25 depending) before going into
      limp-home mode -- compared with 40+ at the start. So they have a bit of life
      in them but are definitely well along in their golden years :-) They're
      located halfway between Boston and Albany and would be expensive to ship (60
      pounds each?), presumably not worth it, but fit in a car if you want to
      drive them.
      I was thinking of asking $200 but input on that is also welcome.
      BTW I bought the new ones from Mr. Solar in Baltimore for $2500
      including drop-shipping to Massachusetts, and was happy dealing with them.
      Thanks,
      Joshua Goldstein
      '99 Force
      Amherst, MA