NLG.exe and Lithium Profiles

  • otedawg
    Message 1 of 5 , May 22, 2012
      I'm new around here, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what, but I'm looking for the NLG.exe software (or NLG-E.exe) and I can't seem to be able to find it. Also, I'm looking for Lithium Profiles for the BC-3300, if it's capable of charging them. I may be way off base, but it seems like I should be able to charge lithiums with the NLG4x series charger.

      Thanks for the help,
      Josh
      Message 2 of 5 , May 22, 2012
        Josh,
        The file was at one time in the forum files but I do not see it there now. I don't have it on this computer. If someone else doesn't post it or point it out I will at a later time.

        You can charge pretty much any battery in the voltage range of the NLG4. Once you get the NLG program you will see that it is pretty easy to modify. Just save what is in your charger so you have a working reference.

        Lithium profile would really be up to you. Very easy to do but I sure wouldn't create one for someone else. Your needs could be very different. The variation in pack size, your BMS and or range considerations and desired SOC all come into play.

        Mike R
        97 Force

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "otedawg" <joshua.orfield@...> wrote:

        > I'm new around here, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what, but I'm looking for the NLG.exe software (or NLG-E.exe) and I can't seem to be able to find it. Also, I'm looking for Lithium Profiles for the BC-3300, if it's capable of charging them. I may be way off base, but it seems like I should be able to charge lithiums with the NLG4x series charger.
        >
        > Thanks for the help,
        > Josh

      • otedawg
        Message 3 of 5 , May 24, 2012
          Mike,
          I understand about the profiles. I'm just glad that I know it's possible to program the charger for lithiums. My batteries should be delivered tomorrow, and I'll be strapping them / installing them this weekend. I'm glad I won't have to wait too long to charge them up and take the car for a spin. I have never driven an electric before - this car came to me with sulfated, bad batteries and the promise that everything works. I tried charging the batteries, but only one would take a charge and desulfate. (My charger says that the others are too sulfated to charge/desulfate.) I guess dropping them off for $.25 a pound at the local scrap yard will be my next move.

          Thanks for the help,
          Josh

          Message 4 of 5 , May 26, 2012
            $0.25 a pound. Sure wish I could find that around here.

            There are time limits and AH limits in the profile options in addition to voltage and current settings. Depending up the size of the cells you are installing you may need to change them.

            In my experience I pretty much triple my estimates for how long I think it will take and come pretty close. Be safe and careful.

            Mike R

            --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "otedawg" <joshua.orfield@...> wrote:

            > Mike,
            > I understand about the profiles. I'm just glad that I know it's possible to program the charger for lithiums. My batteries should be delivered tomorrow, and I'll be strapping them / installing them this weekend. I'm glad I won't have to wait too long to charge them up and take the car for a spin. I have never driven an electric before - this car came to me with sulfated, bad batteries and the promise that everything works. I tried charging the batteries, but only one would take a charge and desulfate. (My charger says that the others are too sulfated to charge/desulfate.) I guess dropping them off for $.25 a pound at the local scrap yard will be my next move.
            >
            > Thanks for the help,
            > Josh
            >
            > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "ldr214" <replytome@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Josh,
            > > The file was at one time in the forum files but I do not see it there now. I don't have it on this computer. If someone else doesn't post it or point it out I will at a later time.
            > >
            > > You can charge pretty much any battery in the voltage range of the NLG4. Once you get the NLG program you will see that it is pretty easy to modify. Just save what is in your charger so you have a working reference.
            > >
            > > Lithium profile would really be up to you. Very easy to do but I sure wouldn't create one for someone else. Your needs could be very different. The variation in pack size, your BMS and or range considerations and desired SOC all come into play.
            > >

            > > Mike R
            > > 97 Force
            > >
            > > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "otedawg" <joshua.orfield@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I'm new around here, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something or what, but I'm looking for the NLG.exe software (or NLG-E.exe) and I can't seem to be able to find it. Also, I'm looking for Lithium Profiles for the BC-3300, if it's capable of charging them. I may be way off base, but it seems like I should be able to charge lithiums with the NLG4x series charger.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks for the help,
            > > > Josh

          • Doug Brentlinger
            Message 5 of 5 , May 26, 2012
              Let me know if you live in the San Francisco bay area, you can get them
              recycled for free.

              doug
              510-304-5001