Re: [solectria_ev] Reprogramming AMC 325 Controller

  • jhmurphy100@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 8 , May 6, 2012
      Tim,

      Windows XP is the newest operating system my ccshell will work with. If you can support that, I can send you a copy of the software.

      John

      Message 2 of 8 , May 6, 2012
        325 Program is in the files section. Haven't seen any reported issues.

        Don't know about the DMOC controller software. Likely different.

        Mike

      • jhmurphy100@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 8 , May 6, 2012
          Thanks, Mike

          I'm on it!

          John

          325 Program is in the files section. Haven't seen any reported issues.

          Don't know about the DMOC controller software. Likely different.

          Mike

          --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com , "suncyclejm" <jhmurphy100@...> wrote:

          > The Methacton High School Electric Vehicle Club is again entering the upcoming 21st Century Auto Challenge at Penn State. They have added two batteries to their pack, upping the voltage from 144 to 168. They must now reprogram the Solectria 325 controller for the new voltage range.
          >
          > Question: Does the ccshell program I use with my DMOC controller also work with the earlier 325?
          >
          > If not, does anyone have the ccshell equivalent for the 325?
          >
          > Thanks in advance for your help!
          >
          > John Murphy
          >
          > www.z-type.net

        • Tim Brown
          Message 4 of 8 , May 7, 2012
            I still have a copy of windows xp I may have to pick up an old laptop on or Craigslist with a serial port - not too many other options. I'd super appreciate a copy. I actually have to send my controller in to have it restored to factory. The car I got had the firmware modified to work with a special mototron and salt battery called a zebra battery. It sounds like epc-corporation out of Boston has some guys there who do some work on ac controllers on the side. They sell dc controllers. I sent them info and am waiting to hear back at the moment, but I thought I'd get the process started in finding the ccshell software. Figuring out how to configure it will be a whole other big issue, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, I have a ways go.

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 8 , May 7, 2012
              Recommend you get a old computer with a real serial port and not one that uses a usb emulation. I can read with the usb emulators from my Brusa charger but can not write to it with any consistency. I could be wrong but chances are the 325 controller being of the same vintage may be the same.

              Mike R

              --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Tim Brown <tbrown93@...> wrote:

              > I still have a copy of windows xp I may have to pick up an old laptop on or Craigslist with a serial port - not too many other options. I'd super appreciate a copy. I actually have to send my controller in to have it restored to factory. The car I got had the firmware modified to work with a special mototron and salt battery called a zebra battery. It sounds like epc-corporation out of Boston has some guys there who do some work on ac controllers on the side. They sell dc controllers. I sent them info and am waiting to hear back at the moment, but I thought I'd get the process started in finding the ccshell software. Figuring out how to configure it will be a whole other big issue, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, I have a ways go.
              >
              > Sent from my iPhone
              >
              > On May 6, 2012, at 2:51 PM, jhmurphy100@... wrote:
              >

              > > Tim,
              > >
              > > Windows XP is the newest operating system my ccshell will work with. If you can support that, I can send you a copy of the software.
              > >
              > > John

            • Tim Brown
              Message 6 of 8 , May 7, 2012
                I learned that lesson with an old time clock we used to have. I got sick of the old computer taking up space and upgraded my time clock, but we had to use a funky adapter to USB and things always had issues of data not transmitting or receiving all the time. I have an old puter I could use, but an old laptop may be ideal so I can mess with it stop mess with it again...

                Sent from my iPhone