Re: Original Keys for 97' Solectria

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2012
      I want to double check the VIN you listed. I have a '97 force that was originally a Connecticut utility car. I bought it over eBay in Sept '08 from person near Rochester, NY that got it from a utility auction in fall '07.

      Mine has a VIN ending in 5370 rather than the 5270 you list.

      Probably just a coincidence and a near-miss, but I want to verify that we don't have a typo error.

      If we do have a match, I would like to have the keys and logo.

      Bob Strattan
      Tulsa, OK

      --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "gizmo3571955" <gizmo3571955@...> wrote:

      > I sold a 1997 Solectria several years ago via auction at our utility here in Connecticut. I recently found the original keys with the taq & laminated logo from the dealer. VIN 2C1MRXXXXXXXX5270. If the new owner (car was sold once or twice since)would like them, please contact me. I will post a photo as well.

    • Bob
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2012
        To summarize several personal messages and a snail-mail transfer relating to this thread that had a good ending:

        I purchased the '97 Force (the VIN really was *5370) in Sept '08 via eBay from Mike Young of Newark, NY. Mike had bought it earlier that year at the Connecticutt utility auction mentioned by gizmo3571955. When I posted the reply to the orginal post asking if a digit of the VIN might be a typo, Beth Silverman of Azure (formerly Solectria) replied that there never was a Force with a *5270 VIN - it must be 5370, gizmo** doublechecked, and sure enough it was 5370. I now have the keys and more history of the car.

        Beth is a jewell of a resource of things Solectria, is always watching over us on this group, gizmo** was a fine caretaker of the car for its first decade of happy EVing, and I now have the original set of keys and Solectria logo-fob. This group is a great resource for us Solectria EV drivers. VIN*5370 is daily driving the streets of Tulsa, OK, one of the three Forces in the state.

        Thanks for your help, everyone.