RE: [force_ev] AB 2061

  • Will_Beckett@hp.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2000
      The question is if you can also claim the BAAQMD $5k on top of this
      and I think the answer is yes.

      -Will

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2000
        Would AB 2061 apply to forces already on the road, or only new ones purchased after the laws is enacted. I fear the latter.

        -Peter
      • Will_Beckett@hp.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2000
          Purchases in 2001 and 2002 as I understand it.

          -Will

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6, 2000
            Not the final word but I just heard from BAAQMD and they feel that the $5k
            will not be available when/if AB 2061 takes affect. They expect it will be
            administered by the same agency (CARB). Cross your figures and send the
            cards and letters of encouragement for the Gov. to sign!

            - Will

            Will Beckett
            https://ecardfile.com/id/will_beckett

            1999 Solectria Force, 156v
            e-scooter (homemade) 24v
            e-rototiller (homemade) 220vac, 1 1/2 hp
            EAA, Silicon Valley http://eaasv.org
            Barron Park http://www.cyberstars.com/bpa
            PTA http://www.ala-laary.com/core.htm
            WestBay Opera http://www.wbopera.org

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6, 2000
              AB 2061 applies only to vehicle purchased or leased on or after October 1, 2000 and on or before December 31, 2002. Unfortunately It is not applicable to those currently on the road.

              On Tue, 05 September 2000, pbelden@... wrote:

              > Would AB 2061 apply to forces already on the road, or only new ones purchased after the laws is enacted. I fear the latter.
              >
              > -Peter

              Free Unlimited Internet Access! Try it now!
              http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/altavista/index.html

            • BECKETT,WILL (HP-PaloAlto,ex1)
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 7, 2000
                I would be more concerned about Solectria's ability to meet demand. They
                currently can support what they can build in the space they have but I am
                not sure they could handle an increase in orders starting 10/1/2000.

                - Will

                Will Beckett
                https://ecardfile.com/id/will_beckett

                1999 Solectria Force, 156v
                e-scooter (homemade) 24v
                e-rototiller (homemade) 220vac, 1 1/2 hp
                EAA, Silicon Valley http://eaasv.org
                Barron Park http://www.cyberstars.com/bpa
                PTA http://www.ala-laary.com/core.htm
                WestBay Opera http://www.wbopera.org

                If OEM EVs are not readily available in the next 2 years, Solectria's
                probably will be.
                I'm not sure if this is altogether good or bad.
                I'm concerned with warranty & service of Solectrias.

                mcc

                At 05:48 PM 9/5/00 -0700, you wrote:

                >I was taking a look over AB 2061 and the good news is that it should apply
                >to the Solectria Force.
                >
                >Basically, you can claim up to $3,000 a year for three years to offset the
                >additional cost of the EV over the equivalent ICE. The way it would appear

                >to work is that if the Force costs say 27,000 and the equivalent GEO Metro
                >cost 16,000 then you could claim the difference between the price of the
                ICE
                >+ $1,000 and the price of the EV.
                >
                >In the above example, 27,000 - (16,000 + 1,000) = 10,000. Based on this
                >difference you would be able to deduct $3,000 each year from your state
                >income tax for 3 years. The Force would then have cost you 18,000.
                >
                >On the other hand, if the cost of the ICE was $18,000 then you could claim
                >27,000 - (18,000 + 1,000) = 8,000.
                >You would them be able to offset 3,000, 3,000 and 2,000 of state taxes over

                >the next 3 years and the cost of the Force would be $19,000.
                >
                >Don't know how realistic these examples are but they should give a good
                idea
                >of the way the bill appears to work.
                >
                >Solectria should begin to push the Force her in California before CARB
                >forces the Big 5 to start shipping EVs again. If they could get a
                >dealership here in Southern CA. I have heared several people say they
                would
                >look into buying one and AB 2061 is a big incentive.

              • Phillips R&D Analytical LIMS
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 7, 2000

                  >I would be more concerned about Solectria's ability to meet demand. They
                  >currently can support what they can build in the space they have but I am
                  >not sure they could handle an increase in orders starting 10/1/2000.
                  >
                  >- Will
                  >
                  >Will Beckett

                  I wonder how many they've made this year? I imagine it's very few (less
                  than six?), since their major thrust is in supplying drives for other
                  manufacturers.

                  Gordon Stallings
                  1999 Solectria Force