1999 Force for Sale, San Rafael CA, needs batteries (ideal Lithium conversion)

  • geo_homsy2
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2011
      Hi all--

      Sadly, I will be parting with my beloved 1999 Force, so it is available for sale.

      The battery pack is quite toast, due to the previous owner putting in bad quality flooded cells, and not reprogramming the charger appropriately. I was planning to do a lithium conversion on this, but just recently I was offered the opportunity to get a Nissan Leaf.

      So: Here you have it: a 1999 Force, all in good to very good condition with the exception of the batteries, for sale in the Bay Area. WITH California ZEV stickers.

      * Brusa NLG4 charger; I can provide software (thanks to others on this list)
      * Brusa AMC325 controller
      * PakTrakr BMS
      * freshly repaired A-H meter (had the famous HV arcing problem between pins 1 and 2)

      * air conditioning (sigh)
      * white
      * trailer hitch (Don't ask me -- it was there when I bought it :)
      * ZEV stickers

      Price is negotiable -- it's hard to gauge what these cars are worth. I paid $7k (too much) and I'd like to get $5k. But all reasonable offers will be considered!

      Call me or email with questions, or to see it.

      Yours,

      Geo Homsy
      tel: 415 571 9933

      PS: I will be cross posting to EVDL, but feel free to cross post anywhere else you feel appropriate.