Controler issue

  • thp024
    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 13, 2011
      Hi Everyone,

      Thanks for considering my problem. It goes back to the beginning of the summer. I started having a problem whereby the controller would "cut-out" or stop working when the regen kicked in. This happened a few times and after a cool down period of a couple minutes to a few hours it would continue to run normally, for a while. Then it did this one final time and I had to tow it home. It has sat (sadly) in my drive ever since. In order to maintain the batteries, I occasionally get in and run the ACC and then recharge it. Today, I figured I would just throw it in reverse and see if anything happened. It lurched back 2 feet!! I was really happy and moved my gas car and tried it again, hoping for a drive around the block, but it was again dead. This makes me think I'm hitting some threshold or something. Any ideas?

      Thanks again for any suggestions in advance.

      Tim
      Madison, WI

      P.S. for background, it is a '98 Force and when I got it it only had 12 batteries. It worked fine, but I wanted the full capacity, so I put a new battery in. It was after this that the regen started clicking loudly and the controller would shut off. I'm very encouraged, now however, that it might not be totally f'ed...
    • Ken Olum
      Message 33 of 33 , Nov 7, 2011
        I think "G" is for Gel, not "golf cart". The same form factor in AGM
        would be called 8A27.

        MrSolar.com has 8G27s for $203 each. Ask them if they can get them with
        "flag terminals". Terminal types are shown on page 2 of
        www.mkbattery.com/images/MK_Gel_v4_web.pdf

        Ken