Sluggish performance

  • Stephen Taylor
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
      It took me way too long to figure out what was making the car drive slowly, but it came to me just as I was going to bed. The accelerator pedal must be partially blocked. Sure enough the carpet had slide up and was keeping the accelerator from fully engaging. The car drives perfectly again. I feel dumb that I didn't think of it earlier, but with all this high tech equipment, I thought it had to be a high tech problem.

    • Tom Hudson
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2003
        I'd make fun of you for this, but the EXACT thing happened to me about two
        weeks ago. I came out of Radio Shack, and when I got in, my foot must have
        scrunched the mat up under the accelerator pedal. I drove about two blocks
        at reduced power thinking, "oh no, I must have a battery module going bad!"
        I made a stop at another store and realized what was wrong, adjusted the mat
        and went on my way at full power.

        So take a tip from me -- Don't feel dumb about it. Feel BRILLIANT that you
        used your powers of deduction to solve the problem! :-)

        -Tom