Re: [solectria_ev] Help needed for new batteries

  • Jerry Liebler
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2011
      Steven,
      I may be interested in your car, as is, without batteries. I want
      a Solectria with Lithiums. Please give me a call @ 606 423 9854.
      Thanks
      Jerry

      On 9/30/2011 11:42 AM, StevenG wrote:
      > Hello everyone,
      > I am posting in hopes of getting some assistance concerning the purchase of the correct(or a good set of) batteries for a 99 Solectria Force. I have been skimming the posts and have done a little bit of research, but honestly I am a novice concerning EV's and the various battery options.
      >
      > Currently I am trying to get my vehicle ready for sale and would like to make sure a good set of batteries is installed. All other equipment is in good working order and the solectria battery charger installed is the: Model BC3300. The specs read, DC out: 3.3, KW: 156, AC Line:230(GFI), V~16, Batt Type: 156V Sonnenschein (RICSON6.156)
      >
      > The last set of batteries I had put in by a local battery company. The short of the story is they were not the correct type, cooked over and I had a mess of acid to clean up in the back. Fortunately there is no sverve damage, but I do need to get the correct type of batteries in this vehicle.
      >
      > Any information is greatly appreciated. Also If anyone is interesting in possible purchasing the vehicle, please let me know. It is located in Augusta, Ga.

    • Jay Grossman
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2011
        East Penn Mfg. sells the Deka 8G27 battery series of 12v Gel cells used in the Solectria Force (Geo Metro). These are compatable with the Sonnenschein batteries. You need to determine what post type is desired. I used the M type but had to modify cable lugs to accomodate the larger post. My first set gave me about 2000 charging cycles and 35,000 miles driven over 6 years. I put in my second set last November and the current set has 5,000 miles.

        East Penn has a dealer locater on their web-site to find a dealer near you.
        Jay H Grossman