groups status: slow server

  • Bruce EVangel Parmenter
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2003
      Yahoo groups had been running quite well for months.
      Tonight, the servers that handle the pending subscriptions
      are slow. We will have to see if other areas of the yahoo
      are also slow.

      Usually yahoo's team resolves issues in a few hours.
      Since it is late at night, it will likely be up to speed
      by morning.

      I would go ahead and POST your message, but wait to see
      it shows up on the group in 15 minutes. If it doesn't,
      then hold off POSTing until morning.

      New subscribers:

      Civic Hybrid is going gang busters (lots of new owners)
      The EV groups are at a lower rate (automakers won't make EVs)

      Process:
      New subscribers are in a pending status. They get a petition
      the 1st and 2nd day, then a reminder message, and finally
      their subscription times out (some do not pursue it further).
      The timed out addresses are given to the appropriate group
      volunteer to contact them and offer help.

      A big 'Thanks' to the goup volunteers who work with the
      newbies who want to join the group.

      =====
      ' ____
      ~/__|o\__