Solectria Force Making Progress

  • ECE Prof
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2011
      We removed the motor from our 1999 Force and found it had broken a bolt holding the gears onto the shaft, which allowed the shaft to move, damaging the speed sensor on the outboard end.

      We got a borescope ($20 on eBay) and looked inside, and found the bolt and washer lying in the bottom of the gearbox. We managed to pull it next to the drain plug hole with a magnet, then dropped a weighted cord in from above and pull it through. We made a loop in the cord and lassoed the bolt and lifted it out through the top! This saves us having to remove the gearbox and take it apart!

      Next step is to put it all back together and hope for the best.
    • Doug Brentlinger
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2011
        Its so fun figuring out problems like this!!