Re: [solectria_ev] Re: My solectria Geo will not charge

  • Larry Oslund
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 18, 2011
      Hi Wolf,
      Thanks for the suggestions below. I am still stumped - here is what I have
      tried.
      I have unplugged the charger from the pack - there does not appear to be a
      drain on the pack any longer.

      I have plugged the charger into the wall with the battery pack disconnected
      also.. The yellow LED does not light up.
      Before, the yellow light would be on (but this is when the charger was
      connected to the pack too)- and I could hear something in the charger
      clicker every 6 or 7 seconds, and the yellow light would blink on and off
      with the clicking in the charger. It was almost like something was building
      up a little charge (and then it would release it.) It does not do that any
      longer however. I just tried it.

      I have all the rear batteries exposed now. There was a little bit of
      condensation in the box, but it has now evaporated, so do not think there
      should be a bad reading from the sensor in this battery compartment unless
      the sensor is bad.

      Is there a way to test each sensor (all the sensors) to make sure one of
      them is not bad.

      Also, I have not been able to get to the batteries in the front yet to try
      and recharge them individually. It looks like I have to take out quite a few
      components. what is the easiest way to get to these batteries.

      you said:
      *You can recharge each battery individually with a 12V battery charger one
      at a time, (if you have more than one 12V battery charger, then make sure
      they are isolated before connecting them to the pack).*

      What do you mean by "isolated"? I actually have 13 different 12V charges
      (from a different project). Can't I just connect them all to each individual
      battery without disconnection all the batteries from each other, as long as
      I don't have the pack plugged into the charger.
      You also said:
      *Using the monlog program:
      **http://www.wolftronix.com/BC3300/monlog_e.exe*<http://www.wolftronix.com/BC3300/monlog_e.exe>
      *A serial cable, and a laptop with a serial port. You can see what the
      charger thinks is going on:
      *
      I have a serial cable - 9 pins on both sides, but every laptop I own only
      has a 15 pin serial connector, which I think is for a monitor. My oldest
      laptop is a 9 year old HP with XP on it, and it is basically the same. I
      need to find one that has this 9-pin on it, right?

      You also mentioned that you had an extra charger that you thought was OK
      that you could possibly send to me to swap out and see it if works, if I
      could pay the shipping. More than happy to do that. Please contact me about
      setting this up.

      Sorry for the all the questions - this has been a frustrating ordeal for me
      so far and I still feel miles away from getting my car back on the road.
      Thanks in advance for any help! :)

      Larry
      828-216-7860