car cuts out quickly after controller cables compressed

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
      we accidentally crimped the cables coming out of the right side of the controller. have taken it apart, checked all, all were ok except the 25 wire cable to the ignition etc. that was replaced, seems ok, put back together, but the car does same thing. turn key on, looks like it should go, put into any gear (reverse, economy, normal, or supercharged) then step on the accelerator, it tries to move, barely moves the car then shuts off.

      has anyone had this experience? know how to fix it?
      hoping for the best-

      thanks,
      Rick
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
        When the car dies, what does the volt meter / current meter show?

        Are you loosing all power, or perhaps the dc to dc?

        Try it with the headlights on, do they turn off?

        Wolf
        *wags his tail*
        www.wolftronix.com
        On Jul 6, 2011 4:25 PM, "Richard" <rehrlichrick@...> wrote:
        > we accidentally crimped the cables coming out of the right side of the
        controller. have taken it apart, checked all, all were ok except the 25 wire
        cable to the ignition etc. that was replaced, seems ok, put back together,
        but the car does same thing. turn key on, looks like it should go, put into
        any gear (reverse, economy, normal, or supercharged) then step on the
        accelerator, it tries to move, barely moves the car then shuts off.

        > has anyone had this experience? know how to fix it?
        > hoping for the best-
        >
        > thanks,
        > Rick

      • Aaron Birenboim
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
          On 07/06/2011 05:15 PM, Wolf wrote:

          > When the car dies, what does the volt meter / current meter show?
          >
          > Are you loosing all power, or perhaps the dc to dc?
          >
          > Try it with the headlights on, do they turn off?

          I have a dead '91 force AMC320 controller, similar problem.
          Haven't solved yet. Seems to be a sensor or contact causing
          a fail condition in an interlock, and controler goes into a safety
          shut-down.

          Before it died I could stop the car, re-start, and go until it went
          bad again. usually on a small bump.

          aaron