E-10 controller settings

  • William S
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2011
      I am re-assembling the E-10 controllers. I note a switch in the section of the controller, where the battery voltage and 3 phase outputs connect. It is shown on page 25 of 27 of the document entitled "AMCxxx_17.pdf", in the files section. It is labeled "sense of rotation". And the switch appears to have an a and b position. I assume it determines the rotation direction of the 2 motors. Does anyone know the switch positions for the 2 controllers? I could check rotation with one motor powered, then the other, and verify that the directions are the same and forward when the forward motion selector is selected. Thanks in advance.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2011
        The actual position of the switch depends on the wiring of the motor.
        The switch swaps the A/B lines on the motor's encoder.

        If you apply throttle and the motor shutters,
        Then swap the motor phase.
        The motor should now spin.

        If you can only go 10 MPH in Forward,
        Then swap the phase back, and flip the switch.
        The motor should now spin.

        Wolf
        *Wags his tail*
        www.wolftronix.com

        On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 4:53 PM, William S <william.swann2@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I am re-assembling the E-10 controllers. I note a switch in the section of
        > the controller, where the battery voltage and 3 phase outputs connect. It is
        > shown on page 25 of 27 of the document entitled "AMCxxx_17.pdf", in the
        > files section. It is labeled "sense of rotation". And the switch appears to
        > have an a and b position. I assume it determines the rotation direction of
        > the 2 motors. Does anyone know the switch positions for the 2 controllers? I
        > could check rotation with one motor powered, then the other, and verify that
        > the directions are the same and forward when the forward motion selector is
        > selected. Thanks in advance.

      • William Swann
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2011
          Great advice. Thank you.