Replacement NLG4 CAP board

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5 10:40 PM
      Due to the number of chargers I need to repair, with bad cap boards:
      http://www.wolftronix.com/BC3300_1704/images/IMG_1166.jpg
      And the hours it takes to get all the bad caps un-soldered, and most of the
      time the board is really damaged...

      I made an exact copy of the cap board:
      http://www.wolftronix.com/BC3300/IMG_1279.JPG

      Well, as close to an exact copy as I could get with a pair of calipers, and
      a volt meter. ;)

      The boards came in today, so I have not had a chance to build one up and
      test it out...

      I am planning on putting together a BRUSA NLG4 step by step repair guide for
      the do-it-your-selfers. :D

      Wolf
      *wags his tail*
      www.wolftronix.com

    • kevin lubot
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6 6:44 AM
        Thank you wolfe. I haven't had to ask for help yet from you. I'm sure the time will come. I for one appreciate the hard work in helping us keep our cars/trucks on the road.

        Connected by MOTOBLUR™ on T-Mobile

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 6 7:29 AM
          hey wolf i would like to purchase a couple of those bds ..any idea on pricing..also iam looking for a good controll bd for the nlg.. get in touch with me via pvt email

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 6 10:17 AM
            I could part with some bare boards for $50.00 each. :)

            The board is a little on the pricey side, due to internal routes,
            non-plated thru holes, and it is a 4oz copper board.

            I want to fully populate one of the boards and test it out in my known good
            battery charger to make sure there are no issues, it looks like all the
            holes line up. :D

            Which board to you mean by "Control Board"?
            The board that plugs into the microprocessor board?
            Or the board in the box that Velcros to the side of the NLG4?

            Half of the chargers are for SAFT nicads... I still need to look into how
            hard it is to convert them into normal chargers. They seem to have less
            parts populated, then a normal charger.
            Unless anyone wants to purchase a SAFT charger. ;)

            I also have different version firmware for different chargers...
            I need to figure out if I can just upgrade them all to the latest verison of
            firmware, or are there hard ware mods that go along with the different
            firmware versions...
            Or perhaps it is best to just leave the hardware and firmware versions the
            same...

            Wolf
            *wags his tail*
            www.wolftronix.com

            On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 9:29 AM, electric vehicle <ev@...> wrote:

            > hey wolf i would like to purchase a couple of those bds ..any idea on
            > pricing..also iam looking for a good controll bd for the nlg.. get in touch
            > with me via pvt email

          • electric vehicle
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 6 2:52 PM
              non plated thru holes ?? so both side of the bd need to be solder to make
              the connection i assume.. ugh not good for the caps ..

              need what is called the cpu bd but with out the cpu daughter bd... the bd
              that has the rs232 conn. for 156v regular gel cells( 8g27)

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 6 3:38 PM
                Nope, all the electrical holes, (cap vias and screw vias) are plated.

                The non-plated holes are the internal cutouts and the 13 holes that are used
                to hold the toriodal filters.

                This raises the cost of the board since it requires a second drilling
                opperation (first drilling opperation is for all the holes that will get
                plated).

                I need to put together some of the chargers and see if I have any spares
                after I am done... I know I have one of those boards that has a few bad
                parts on it.

                Wolf
                *wags his tail*
                www.wolftronix.com