Charger gets new parts

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2011
      My BC3300, Brusa NLG4, started doing the 1/2 power output thing around mid December. Used my spare NG3 for awhile and then sent the Brusa to Wolf for some quality time on his work bench. He did a complete R&R on all the capacitors and cleaned up a bunch other things as needed.

      Back to full power again.

      Thanks,
      Wolf
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2011
        No problem, glad to help keep the EVs on the road. :)

        This is what I have been working on, just the last few weeks:

        Fixed:

        http://www.wolftronix.com/BC3300_1163/ <--- bad cap board (this is the
        charger he is referring to).
        Note: I am planning on making a new cap board PCB, since it takes so much
        effort to remove all the caps and epoxy holding them on...
        http://www.wolftronix.com/umoc445_546/
        http://www.wolftronix.com/umoc445_546/videos/ <--- reprogrammed the
        controller to work with a different motor.

        http://www.wolftronix.com/amc325_1076/
        http://www.wolftronix.com/amc325_1076/videos/ <--- nothing wrong, encoder
        switch was in the wrong position, I need more like these).
        http://www.wolftronix.com/BC3000/ <--- tracked the problem down to a single
        bad 47uf 25V cap. ;)
        In progress:

        http://www.wolftronix.com/umoc340_15/
        http://www.wolftronix.com/umoc340_15/videos/ <-- kind of works now, but
        still has issues, (works in closed vector control mode, but not in open...)

        http://www.wolftronix.com/umoc445_574/ <--- Shorted +5V supply to ground...
        still tracking down which of the many chips and/or caps could be bad...

        My stuff:

        http://www.wolftronix.com/amc320_1178/ <--- this is a controller I picked
        up for my hybrid project... It took a glancing blow from a .50 cal. (It was
        in an E-10 used for target practice), the controller still works, I just
        need to fix the cover and replace all the cables.
        Also it is odd that it has PROMs in it:
        http://www.wolftronix.com/amc320_1178/images/IMG_7951.jpg
        I have never seen these propulated in any other AMC32X motor controllers...
        Also even more odd, is that it is serial number 1178, and my truck has
        serial numbers 1179 and 1180 in it. What are the odds of that happening? ;D
        Mine might have PROMs in them too, but I have have never opened them up...
        other then to add access to the programming connector:
        http://www.wolftronix.com/amc320_connector

        All repair proceeds go to the "new battery pack fund" ;)

        I am currenly looking at getting a set of 24 Deka Dominator Gel Cells,
        (Lithium is still to pricey for me).
        Anyone know a good battery vendor with the lowest prices? and cheep shipping
        to Illinois. :)

        Wolf
        *wags his tail*
        www.wolftronix.com