regen and brake lights relay

  • Will Beckett
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2002
      It seems I may have a bad relay. This is the one that turns on the
      brake lights when regen comes on. With Kevin's help I did some
      troubleshooting today. I am checking to see where I get a replacement
      relay. I think my mother's car has the same problem so I expect I will
      be getting two relays. Anyone else have this problem?

      -Will

      Will Beckett
      Beckett PC Solutions
      4189 Baker Ave.
      Palo Alto, CA 94306-3908

      (650) 269-7011 cell
      (650) 494-6922 phone/fax
      will@...
      http://beckettpcsolutions.com <http://beckettpcsolutions.com/>

    • Will Beckett
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2002
        I fixed the problem with the relay. It must have been stuck. I took it
        out and checked it with a 12vdc supply and it worked fine. When I
        installed it in the car everything was working again.

        FYI, for those in the Palo Alto area. I just had my fluid in the gear
        box replaced by Jiffy Lube on the corner of Charleston and El Camino
        Real. They did a great job and only charged me $4.35. The manual
        suggests doing this after the first 6K miles and again every 12K miles
        after that. I currently have over 17K on my vehicle.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .