RE: [solectria_ev] Re: Solectria BRLS controller manual needed

  • Charles Bliss
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2010
      For BRLS, consider converting to a Kelly. I had a Solectria that blew out
      its Mosfets. It was converted to IGBT, which proceeded to blow out (bad
      motor). I showed the Solectria controller to a couple EEs and they said it
      was really old technology and to replace it. I ended up swapping to a Kelly
      KBL controller and upgraded from the BRLS 11 motor to a BRLS 16. I have
      upgraded the Kelly controller several times. Something about "Mr. Toad's
      Wild Ride" and a desire for more power. Since then, Kelly has come out with
      a KHB controller that can output more power and is programmable.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2010
        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "rod864" <rod864@...> wrote:

        > IIRC, the earliest Solectria and Brusa controllers were analog, not microprocessor controlled (thus no computer interface). I think that includes the brushless motor controllers, but I'm not 100% sure.
        > [snip]

        OK, well that would certainly explain the lack of a COM signal. ;-)

        Since I posted the help msg we found a 4 page "Users manual" on the web that shows us how to connect the pots up to the controller. So we're ready to test the motor out this week.
        TNX for the info.