Lost Reverse

  • lynnstarr2000
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 15, 2010
      Solectria S-10 pickup
      I have foward however Reverse no longer works.
      Reverse does not engage when the console switch is placed in the reverse position.
      Does anyone have an idea how to fix it.

      Thank you
    • dexion111
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 15, 2010
        do your reverse lights come on in reverse?

        It looks like its switched by the switch (on the force anyway)

        If its doesnt go on, try wiggling/different positions and see if they flash a little or do actually go on. If so try reverse if it lights up on a different position or pulling/pushing on the switch.

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "lynnstarr2000" <lynnstarr@...> wrote:

        > Solectria S-10 pickup
        > I have foward however Reverse no longer works.
        > Reverse does not engage when the console switch is placed in the reverse position.
        > Does anyone have an idea how to fix it.
        >

        > Thank you

      • Lynn Long
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 15, 2010
          Reverse lights come on. It must be something other than the console switch?????
          Nice try, I should have stated that on my first email.

          Still need help!!

          Thanks

          do your reverse lights come on in reverse?

          It looks like its switched by the switch (on the force anyway)

          If its doesnt go on, try wiggling/different positions and see if they flash a little or do actually go on. If so try reverse if it lights up on a different position or pulling/pushing on the switch.

          --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "lynnstarr2000" <lynnstarr@...> wrote:

          > Solectria S-10 pickup
          > I have foward however Reverse no longer works.
          > Reverse does not engage when the console switch is placed in the reverse position.
          > Does anyone have an idea how to fix it.
          >

          > Thank you

        • dexion111
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 15, 2010
            Yes worth a try. You may have to wait until wolf reads this (assuming he replys) he got an e10 all buggered up at auction (one problem was reverse on one of the motors) he may have suggestions.

            I just dont know enough about ac motors to help sorry. If it were dc Id say your reverse contactor isnt working. But I dont know how solectria did reverse.

            --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Lynn Long <lynnstarr@...> wrote:

            > Reverse lights come on. It must be something other than the console switch?????
            > Nice try, I should have stated that on my first email.
            >
            > Still need help!!
            >
            > Thanks

          • evforever39
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 16, 2010
              Got in my Force this morning and the same thing happened -- no reverse. Rear lights come on; fuses okay; forward okay . . . ??? I hate to tear into it without a clue.

              --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "dexion111" <dexion111@...> wrote:

              > Yes worth a try. You may have to wait until wolf reads this (assuming he replys) he got an e10 all buggered up at auction (one problem was reverse on one of the motors) he may have suggestions.
              >
              > I just dont know enough about ac motors to help sorry. If it were dc Id say your reverse contactor isnt working. But I dont know how solectria did reverse.
              >

              > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Lynn Long <lynnstarr@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Reverse lights come on. It must be something other than the console switch?????
              > > Nice try, I should have stated that on my first email.
              > >
              > > Still need help!!
              > >
              > > Thanks

            • Lynn Long
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 16, 2010
                I am so sorry it also happened to you.
                I am planning to open the control box this weekend. If I figure out anything I will post it.

                Good luck

                Got in my Force this morning and the same thing happened -- no reverse. Rear lights come on; fuses okay; forward okay . . . ??? I hate to tear into it without a clue.

                --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, "dexion111" <dexion111@...> wrote:

                > Yes worth a try. You may have to wait until wolf reads this (assuming he replys) he got an e10 all buggered up at auction (one problem was reverse on one of the motors) he may have suggestions.
                >
                > I just dont know enough about ac motors to help sorry. If it were dc Id say your reverse contactor isnt working. But I dont know how solectria did reverse.
                >

                > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Lynn Long <lynnstarr@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Reverse lights come on. It must be something other than the console switch?????
                > > Nice try, I should have stated that on my first email.
                > >
                > > Still need help!!
                > >
                > > Thanks

              • dexion111
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 17, 2010
                  Not being able to find anything on the controllers logic, I dont suppose either of you reset your controllers?

                  Pull the big anderson connector and the service anderson connector for a minute or 2 and reconnect? (No idea if the controller stores trouble codes and restricts use at fault but easy to do and worth a try.) This (if it works) wouldnt really be a fix since the condition to put it into trouble still exists but might be a jumping off point or useless.

                  --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Lynn Long <lynnstarr@...> wrote:

                  > I am so sorry it also happened to you.
                  > I am planning to open the control box this weekend. If I figure out anything I will post it.
                  >
                  > Good luck

                • Lynn Long
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 17, 2010
                    Thank you I'll try the connectors before I take the controller apart.
                    I don't know of any reset, so thanks for that advise.

                    Have a good day

                    Not being able to find anything on the controllers logic, I dont suppose either of you reset your controllers?

                    Pull the big anderson connector and the service anderson connector for a minute or 2 and reconnect? (No idea if the controller stores trouble codes and restricts use at fault but easy to do and worth a try.) This (if it works) wouldnt really be a fix since the condition to put it into trouble still exists but might be a jumping off point or useless.

                    --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Lynn Long <lynnstarr@...> wrote:

                    > I am so sorry it also happened to you.
                    > I am planning to open the control box this weekend. If I figure out anything I will post it.
                    >
                    > Good luck

                  • Lynn Long
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 17, 2010
                      No one is going to believe me....
                      For no reason at all, IT WORKS again.
                      I did nothing this morning, at all. Turned it on, put it in reverse, worked.
                      Thanks, I feel the controllers (2, one per motor) reset, no idea.