RE: [solectria_ev] Re: Re-gap speed sensor

  • Charles Bliss
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2010
      Where do you live in the Bay Area? I have done the gapping thing. What
      else does is need?

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2010
        Great thanks, ill take a look at the site. I may however have jumped the gun on the diagnosis. Not having driven it with lead but going straight to lifepo4. I may have taken too much weight out of the front of the car. With no batteries in the front the angle of the cv joint may have increased enough to introduce phasing into the joints at high speed and under load. At about 50mph it starts. I have a four day weekend comming up so ill throw 2 or 3 of the dead leads back into the front box and test with it to see if it changes anything. I just may have made the front end too light.
        dex

        --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com, Wolf <wolf@...> wrote:

        > Found the e-mail. :)
        >
        > To test the encoders in the motors:
        > First disconnect the three phase power connectors, and the 9 pin encoder
        > connectors.
        >
        > Wire up the following to a female DE-9 connector.
        > Using four 4.7K resistors solder them from A+(pin 4) A-(pin 3) B+(pin 8)
        > B-(pin 7) lines to the 6 volt power line (pin 6).
        >
        > Apply 6 volts (4 AA batteries will work) from pin 6 to ground (pin 2).
        >
        > Connect four scope probes to each encoder line (pin 3, 4, 7, and 8), attach
        > the scope commons to pin 2.
        >
        > Next plug this female connector into the male DE-9 encoder connector on the
        > motor, then spin the motor by hand.
        >
        > On the scope A+ and A- should be 180 degrees out of phase with each other,
        > (B+ and B- should be 180 degrees out of phase with each other too).
        >
        > Next comparing the A+ and B+ signals ( or A- and B- signals) they should be
        > 90 degrees leading or lagging each other (depends on direction of motor
        > rotation).
        >
        > See:
        > http://www.wolftronix.com/E10
        > about 1/5th of the way down the page is the encoder repair section with
        > videos. :)
        >
        > Wolf
        > *wags his tail*
        > www.wolftronix.com
        >
        > On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 7:56 AM, dexion111 <dexion111@...> wrote:
        >

        > > well heck. I searched but didnt find the instructions. Do you remember the
        > > subject of your post perhaps I can find them as opposed to the ones in the
        > > manual (or a link?) . I did find some pics you did of yours but not the post
        > > with instructions.
        > >
        > > --- In solectria_ev@yahoogroups.com <solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com>, Wolf
        > > <wolf@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > No, I don't think I wrote that...
        > > >
        > > > I had posted instructions on how to repair and adjust the gap sensor... I
        > > > thought you where referring to those instructions, since you mentioned my
        > > > name. :)
        > > >
        > > > Wolf
        > > > *wags his tail*
        > > > www.wolftronix.com

        > > > manual. (Its in the replacing speed sensor disc part (theres a re-gapping
        > > > part)) unfortunately its a scan of the manual so I cant copy and paste.
        > > Did
        > > > you write the manual?

        > > context.
        > > > :)

        > > > posted of
        > > (perhaps
        > > > when

        > > inner
        > > > edge

        > > plate
        > > > but
        > > > confused.

      • Kenneth Martin
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2010
          There was a guy at Green Motors in Berkeley who worked on Solectrias. Might try to find him if you need more advice. Also, Three Prong Power might have some leads. They are also in Berkeley.

          Ken Martin