dead force

  • Earl Killian
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
      I went out the drive off just now. I unplugged the car, got in (the
      Ah meter read 1.76 -- i.e. it wasn't quite fully charged), turned on
      the "ignition" and the radio turned on briefly, and then LCD display
      went haywire, and the radio and LCD went off completely. It seems to
      have "blown a fuse" figuratively. I'm now late for my appt, so I have
      to take another car, but I'm hoping some reader of this list will have
      some suggestions for me when I get back.

      -Earl
    • Tom Hudson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2002
        I'd unplug the motor controller at the large gray connector under the hood
        and measure the voltage across the connector terminals. If the main battery
        fuses are OK, you should have 156VDC there. If no voltage there, you'll
        have to check those fuses, one located in each battery box. If you have
        voltage on the main connector, which from your description of the problem is
        unlikely, you should check the fuses in the DC fusebox, located under the
        hood. I say it's unlikely because for the radio to go out, that means the
        DC-DC converter's fuse would be blown, and for the Ah-counter to go blank,
        its fuse would have to be blown as well. Two fuses blowing out
        simultaneously is very unlikely.

        Good luck!

        -Tom