I need help with my controller

  • Pugsley Al
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2010
      I need help with my controller
      as it is not working properly.
      It is a Solectria UMOC44OF working with AC 55 DEL motor.
      The rear end was not the noise and vibration problem. When up on the rack and
      drive is selected to go forward the wheels start turning backwards then try to
      go forward. Running forward or backward the entire rear end and drive shaft
      vibrate a make a loud noise.

      Al
      KC metro area.

    • Nick Austin
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 2010
        On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Pugsley Al <apphs58@...> wrote:

        > I need help with my controller
        > as it is not working properly.
        > It is a Solectria UMOC44OF working with AC 55 DEL motor.
        > The rear end was not the noise and vibration problem. When up on the rack
        > and
        > drive is selected to go forward the wheels start turning backwards then
        > try to
        > go forward. Running forward or backward the entire rear end and drive
        > shaft
        > vibrate a make a loud noise.

        Sounds like this might be an encoder problem?

        I think you should be able to see the lights flashing in sequence when you
        remove the motor fan shroud and look at the sensor board.

        Thanks!

      • electric vehicle
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2010
          first is the controller properly programed for the motor. if not need to reprogram it.. or at least chk it to insure you have the proper paramters for the motor.you could have a encoder pulse mis match between the motor and controller. could have the wrong motor sttting etc