Force LiFe upgrade.

  • Nick Austin
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2010
      My PbA -> LiFe upgrade is nearly done!

      Integration with the controller and BMS is still the biggest question mark
      in my head.
      Does anybody here know the range on 1997 Force pot boxes?
      Also, does anybody know the pinout for the 10 pin pot input on
      the ignition box?

      Still remaining:
      Charger and BMS need to be mounted to the car. (I have sent the design to a
      welder for a quote).
      Controller and charger need to be reprogrammed. (I have the adapter
      built for the controller, but need to build the cable. Charger should be
      easy.)
      Controller and BMS integration. (biggest question mark)
      Motor encoder disk needs to be swapped out for magnetic position sensor. (To
      stop chattering, will be done after on the road)
      BMS needs to be configured.

      Thanks!

    • dexion111
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2010
        Cant help you on the specs for the pot or pinout. But perhaps I could give you a suggestion on getting on the road while you are figuring out how to get the bms to talk with the controller/charger. Interesting however since part of the pot runs regen and part runs acceleration so just cutting the signal in half perhaps would activate regen neat problem.

        On my saturn conversion I have a relay fire a pezo horn rather than put a resistor inline with the pot (I dont like the idea of a sudden anything while I am driving.) So any over/under/heat condition will sound a 100db buzzer in the back of my car and I know theres an issue. Same with the charger I bypassed everything that actually talked with the charger and had a relay open the ac side (and fire the buzser) on a high voltage condition on any cell. I am using the minibms system for my lifepo4 conversion so its different from what you are using but a relay is a relay it doesnt care what it fires. So perhaops to get you on the road you could use a buzzer and ac relay. Or not :)
        Kevin