Re: Cutting out while driving

  • Mr. What
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1 7:26 AM
      I had this too for a while. In response to hitting a bump, usually.
      Until it cut out entirely. I could not start.

      I replaced the computer ribbon connectors to the controler in my 1991, assuming it was a typical contact issue. No luck.

      I put things aside. batteries dried out. car now dead.
    • packratdaddy
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 14 6:38 AM
        Hello All,

        Checked out almost all the connections and cleaned them .
        Checked the ignition switch. OK
        Battery connections. OK
        I still need to test the batteries to see where they stand.

        We've had high temperatures here in the 90's and up.

        I usually drive the car in "Normal" mode .
        I drove it in "Economy" mode instead ,as recommended, for a few days with opportunity charging. A single continuous round trip of 18 miles also no problems.

        I've switched back to "Normal" mode for my commute for about a week now without any problems either.

        So either I corrected the issue or it'll come back.
        Keeping my fingers crossed.

        I'll keep you posted.

        Thanks for all the help

        Mark