Re: [solectria_ev] Body shop in South Bay (Los Angeles area) that handles EVs?

  • theoldcars@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 19, 2010
      I own two high quality collision centers and have been in the industry for
      35 years. I would recommend using a shop that uses superior paint products.
      If they are committed to doing excellent work they will buy better
      materials. I use Standox another would be Spies Hecker. There are a couple of others
      that are fairly good.

      Check with the BBB and your attorney general on line for complaints.

      Don

      In a message dated 5/19/2010 10:16:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
      cbliss@... writes:

      When talking to the body shops, ask if they work on Prius' You might point
      out that a Prius is an Electric Vehicle with twice the voltage of a
      Solectria. If they need to remove the batteries for access, you could offer
      to do that.

      If you are pissed off at the idiots, you might ask them if they work on ICE
      cars will full gas tanks (multiple sticks of dynamite) and with a fully
      charged 12 volt battery (1/13th of what you have). Don't forget the 20K
      ignition system.

      Even our local "brushless" car wash will wash EVs.

      From: _mailto:solectria_ev%40yahoogroups.com_