Brushes for Air Conditioning Motor

  • GeorgeB
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 10:19 AM
      It is getting hotter and the AC motor needs a push sometimes to get started. I pulled it apart and the brushes are pretty much gone. They have E 4 or maybe a E41 on them. '91 Solectria 132v nominal.

      Does anyone know a source for brushes or the make of the motor? I am not finding any markings, the books says nothing about it and my motor shop says without a manufacturer brushes would be hard to match.

      Thanks in advance.
    • Bill or Dorothy Swann
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26 10:32 AM
        Some hardware stores carry brushes. Check also at an electric motor repair shop.

        Thanks,Bill S
        Ph 832-338-3080
        www.hstech.biz
        www.promotingevs.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 26 11:16 AM
          My starter went out on my Nissan Sentra a while back. One of the local
          motor repair places had no problem just eyeballing the brushes and finding a
          replacement set. You might try another repair shop or parts distributor
          that will take a few minutes to find what you need.

          Tom Shjarback